Location: Local Phuoc Hai Fishing Village, local fishing markets and Cam Thanh Ecological rice paddy field
Departure Time: 7:00 A.M
Duration: 7 hours – bicycle and Hoi An Eco-tour boat
Tour Runs: Minimum 2 persons. Maximum on request
The local geographical setting of wetlands and floodplains bordered by rivers and sea explains why fish and rice – which both grow in water, are essential components of the local cuisine. To experience local fishing and rice production techniques first-hand, we invite you to join in our Fish & Rice Tour.
- Hotel pick-up and transfer to the Phuoc Hai Fishing Village by Hoi An Eco-Tour van.
- Welcome and tour introduction briefing.
- Guided bicycle tour of Phuoc Hai Fishing Village inspecting the daily life of local fisherman and their families.
- Travel by ferry to the nearby fish market of Duy Hai Village to inspect the local fishing fleet returning with their catch of fish, crabs, squid, and shrimp.
- Purchase fresh seafood for lunch.
- Visit a local fish sauce (Nuoc Mam) producer.
- Enjoy morning refreshment at a local café.
- Return to Phuoc Hai Fishing Village by Hoi An Eco-Tour boat to meet and join-in fishing with the local fishermen using traditional fishing nets.
- Have fun paddling the peculiar Vietnamese round bamboo basket boat.
- Learn the Thung Chai whistle while exploring the fresh water coconut forest.
- Travel to the Cam Thanh rice farmlands.
- Learn how rice is farmed still using the water buffalo for plough together with the traditional manual processes of raking, transplanting, sowing, grinding and pounding.
- Enjoy lunch with a local rice-farming family.
- Your Fish & Rice Tour ends with return to hotel.
From 2 to 6 Persons
From 7 to 11 Persons
From 12 to 16 Persons UP
1.530.000 VND/1 Person
1.430.000 VND/1 Person
1.330.000 VND/1 Person
TOUR PACKAGE INCLUDED:
- Local Hoi An hotel pick-up and return
- English/French speaking tour guide
- Local ferry passage
- Fish sauce producer visit
- Hoi An Eco-tour boat-cruise (life jackets provided)
- Fishing with local fishermen
- Coconut palm waterways visit
- Basket boat lesson
- Cold drinks
- Hands-on wet-rice farming experience (farming outfits supplied)
- Water buffalo ride (optional)
- Lunch with local rice-farming family
- Many, many photo opportunities.
- Fishing village visit
Note: – All of Eco-tour rates are excluded 10% VAT
-All of Eco-tour programs are seating coach tour (Joining tour with other guest on boat.)
– In case of private tour, surcharge for a private trip will be more with 1,100,000 VND for a trip based on the seating coach tour rate above informed.
– If a group from 12 persons to 16 persons up, there is no surcharge for the private group